This festive season, make sure a mouth-watering turkey completes your Christmas table.
salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C.
2. Rub the butter, oil, salt and pepper over the bird.
3. Place in a heavy roasting pan on an elevated tray to allow air flow around your bird.
4. Reduce the oven temperature down to 180°C.
5. Roast for 3 to 4 hours on 180°C or until the internal temperature reaches 65°C, basting every hour with pan juices.
6. If the Turkey begins to get too brown, cover loosely with heavy duty aluminium foil that has been coated with vegetable spray.
7. Before carving, let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
8. To serve, slice the turkey across the breast to show off each layer.